At Find the Right Nanny, we take safety very seriously.
All candidates must go through an extensive screening process before being accepted into the agency. Very few of the applicants who apply are accepted due to our stringent requirements.
All applicants are required to complete an extensive application form, appear for a face to face interview , pass the INA skills assessment exam and pass the background checks. We also go through their application forms with them to make sure the informations that they filled is accurate.
All applicants must demonstrate that they’re reliable, nurturing, experienced, trustworthy, skilled, professional and very good at what they do. They are required to provide proof and documents to back up all of their claims- and we take further and thorough steps ensuring that those claims are true by doing a comprehensive background check and carefully checking all references.
We’re highly committed to finding quality care for your children, and we take every step necessary to make sure we provide safe, trusted and perfect fit.
Candidate requirements and qualifications:
All of our nannies must:
- Have at least 3 years professional childcare experience.
- Have valid U.S. driver’s license and have a clean driving record
- Have U.S. work authorization
- Be willing to consent to and pass a background check
- Be Trustline registered or willing to be registered
- Be certified in CPR and first aid or be willing to get certified prior to starting a position
- Pass basic skills exam which assesses knowledge of child care & child development
- Pass an in-person interview
- Be fluent or able to communicate effectively in English
- Be a non-smoker
- Have a proven record of reliability, punctuality, trustworthiness and professionalism
- Have negative tuberculosis test and Tdap vaccines or be willing to get them prior to starting a position
Additional factors that will enhance your qualifications are:
- Have excellent verifiable professional references
- Be able to help with household tasks related to children
- Be willing to give a one-year minimum commitment to families seeking long-term care
- Genuinely love working with children
- Be a self-starter
- Be resourceful
- Good swimming ability
- Knowledge of baby sign language
- Have experience with sleep training
- Ability to travel internationally or domestically with families when required
- Training in early childhood education
- College education
- Special certifications, such as lifeguard training etc
- Fluency in more than one language
- A love of arts and crafts
- Continuing education in child-related education
- Experience as a preschool teacher