At Find the Right Nanny, we take safety very seriously. We do a complete nanny background checks.
All candidates go through our extensive nanny screening services. Very few of the applicants who apply are accepted due to our stringent requirements.
All the candidates are required to complete an extensive application form, appear for a face to face or video interview, and pass the background checks. We also go through their application forms with them to make sure the information that they filled is accurate.
All applicants must demonstrate that they’re reliable, nurturing, experienced, trustworthy, skilled, professional and excellent at what they do. They are required to provide proof and documents to back up all of their claims- and we take further and thorough steps ensuring that those claims are true by doing comprehensive background checks on the nannies and carefully checking all references.
We’re highly committed to finding quality care for your children, and we take every step necessary to make sure we provide safe, trusted and perfect fit.
Candidate requirements and qualifications:
All of our nannies must:
- Have 2-3 years of professional childcare experience.
- Have excellent/verifiable references
- Have valid U.S. driver’s license and have a clean driving record (for positions that require driving)
- Have U.S. work authorization
- Be willing to consent to and pass a background check
- Be Trustline registered or willing to be registered
- Be certified in CPR and first aid or be willing to get certified before starting a position
- Pass basic skills assessment for knowledge of childcare & child development
- Pass an in-person or video interview
- Be able to communicate effectively in English
- Be a non-smoker
- Have a proven record of reliability, punctuality, trustworthiness, and professionalism
- Tuberculosis test and Tdap vaccines or willingness to get them before starting a position( for families who require vaccinations)
These are additional factors that we look for
- Be able to help with household tasks related to children
- Be willing to give at least a one-year minimum commitment to families seeking long-term care
- Genuinely love working with children
- Good swimming ability
- Knowledge of baby sign language (for infants and toddlers)
- Experience with sleep training
- Ability to travel internationally or domestically with families when required
- Training in early childhood education
- College education
- Special certifications, such as lifeguard training, etc
- Fluency in more than one language
- A love of arts and crafts
- Continuing education in child-related education
- Experience as a preschool teacher
Nanny Background Check
Our background checks include:
- Social security verification
- Address tracing
- Criminal record searches
- National sex offender registry
- Driving records
- County check for felonies and misdemeanors
Upon request, we can include these additional background checks.
- Civil litigation
- Credit reports
Peace of Mind
We understand the stress and anxiety of entrusting your child to someone outside of your family or circle of close friends can cause. That natural parental fear is the reason we created a system for hiring nannies that offer maximum peace of mind.
Face to face interview:
We conduct in-person or video interviews with all of our applicants which allow us to get to know them so that we can make the best match for you.
Basic childcare assessment:
All of our nannies must pass the Basic Skills Assessment, which evaluates the nanny’s knowledge of childcare, child development, health, and safety.
Comprehensive background checks:
We conduct national, state, and county-level criminal background checks on all our nannies.
We contact past employers to verify past employment and excellent work ethics.
Trudiligence background checked
In addition to standard criminal record checks, we check Social security verification, address tracing, National sex offender registry, and driving records.
We have an extensive application process which enables us to get to know our nannies values, ethics, and childcare philosophies.